Vanilla Mayo Cupcakes

I don't know whether I need to be excited but I think I should. I started this page with a lot of trepidation, but then I am so glad that I have received some good support from all of you out there, who have come and taken efforts to join the page, give comments and make me feel nice about wanting to post every single day!!! In my first post on this blog, I was hinting at posting every week, but because of the highly positive response I am receiving, I am posting almost everyday except my weekends!!! I am seriously humbled... Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support. This is for all of you...

Image courtesy: Google

This is my post number 25, I mean a recipe post, not taking into account the first post I have done on this blog. Since it is a little milestone, I will share another cake recipe. I have promised myself that my next recipe would have nothing to do with something sweet - in fact I've been on an overdose of sweet stuff of late - I shouldn't be saying that, my blog title itself justifies the sugar overdose!!! :) But still, not the next recipe, for a change!!!

This one is an egg-less, yet egg included recipe for cupcake - the main ingredient is mayonnaise  I was wary while trying these cakes, but was surprisingly impressed at the taste - not even a hint of mayonnaise! I'm hell bent now at trying these with chocolate as I have read somewhere that the combination of mayo and chocolate is a winner all the way!

Vanilla Mayo Cupcakes
Makes 12
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp custard powder
1 cup cold water
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:

Preheat oven at 170 degrees C. Prepare your muffin pan.

Sift together the dry ingredients. Add the water, mayonnaise and the essence and whisk until well incorporated. Pour into your muffin pan till 2/3 full - use an icecream scoop to do this! - and bake for 15-18 minutes till done.

Since my oven takes only a 6-muffin pan, I baked the first batch for 18 minutes and the second for 15 minutes.

Linking it to Bake Fest #16 hosted by My Cook Book and Vardhini's Cooks Joy

Labels: ,