Not 1, but 3 Leibsters!!!

Pretty exhausted I am today. We had my HD's friends for lunch today. There is a saying in Malayalam - give a finger and bite the hand. That's what exactly happened!!! I thought he may call around 2-3 of his friends and I got a list of 8! :) I didn't panic, it's quite normal of him. Chicken biriyani, beef roast, aloo tikkis and tandoori chicken (was not satisfied with the end result though) along with the sides - raita, chammanthi, pickle and pappad, and finally trifle for dessert. I had some really happy faces, and boy, wasn't I satisfied? :)
They even went with the leftover biriyani to finish off for dinner. So I only have some beef and cutlets as leftover and I know for sure I am not going to cook anything for next few days - I have finished up my limits!!!

This is my third, fourth and fifth Leibster coming by in such a short period of time. Thank you so much RitaDia, and Vidya for passing it on to me. :)

3-time lucky...


Just like I did last time, I will keep the 11 random things about me and the 11 random questions to the nominees the same as I had in my first award post! Below is my response to the questions that Rita had posed:

1. Were you interested in cooking from a young age?
No, not at all. I used to look for every chance to run away from a cooking task!

2. What was the reason to start your blog?

I just started it because my friends were continously asking recipes for the pictures that I had tried and posted in FB, and I would just forget my twists to it! :)

3. What do you like more-Eating or cooking? Why?

Eating, of course!!! I don't know if it's just me, but I somehow cannot eat a lot of what I cook... :(

4.  What are your hobbies?

Reading, enjoying nature, travelling...

5.  What kind of dresses do you like to wear the most? Why?

I am an abaya person (it's the long dress worn by Muslim women) - nothing more comfortable than that!

6. If you  were granted three wishes, what would they be?

To be able to read people's mind, to be more patient and to earn without working!!! ;)

7. What's your favourite dish? Why?

Anything with chocolate, I'm in for it!

8. Which is better-Chocolate/Strawberry/Butterscotch?

Chocolate - then Butterscotch. I don't fancy Strawberry much. 

9. What is your favourite type of cuisine?

Pakistani cuisine, love their flavors!!! But the oil level scares me... hehe...

10. What do you do to stay fit?

I'm sorry, I am not fit. :( I'm very much on the overweight category of the BMI. Right now, I am doing walks to stay on the same weight, as I am not good at dieting. 

11. Which is your favourite make-up brand and beauty product?

I am not a make up person at all. All you can see apart from my normal Olay complete moisturizer, is a kajal stick of VLCC and a lip gloss of H&M, that's it! :)

And below the answers to the question that Dia had posted:

1. Describe yourself in one word. 
Sweet!!! ;)

2. What was your motivation to start a blog? 
I just started it without much thought, actually to speak!

3. What is your favorite holiday destination? 
Switzerland, but yet to go!

4. Social Networking. You views?
I'm totally for it, as I keep in touch with my schoolmates through this media, you can say cheap and best! But it is important to use it wisely.

5. What is your comfort food?
Chocolate!

6. Your favorite movie and why? 
I'm not a movie buff. :)

7. Your favorite blog /blogger which you follow religiously and why? 
I take inspiration from all blogs I follow, as everybody puts in efforts as much as possible...

8. If you have a Super Power what will you do? 
I would love to read minds!

9. Your favorite TV show? 
Again, not a TV buff as well!

10. One thing you would like to change about yourself? 
My short temper... :(

11. Your views about my blog? 
Just discovered it, nice inputs... but needs constant updation! :)
Now off to Vidya's questions:

1. Why do you blog?
Because I love to, the interaction is amazing!!! :)

2. You love to cook and have people over or do you prefer to buy food to entertain guests?
If it was a couple of years ago, I would have bought, but now I prefer making it by my own hands, just like I did today... :)

3. What is that one magic ingredient you love when it comes to cooking?
Interest - if you are not in a mood, do not cook!!! I follow that to the T...

4. Who do you hold close to heart at all times?
The Almighty - He has been very kind to me... :)

5. If you had one day to do all that you ever wanted to do , what would they be? 
I am happy with the things are now, so I better not be over expectant! ;)

6. Which is your all time favorite- book? movie? tv show?
I love reading but I really don't have favorites as such. As for movies and TV, I'm not fond of it...

7. What do you do when you are all alone ?
Lazy around!!! :)

8. What would you like to receive as gifts irrespective of the occasion?
It can be anything ladyish - perfumes, shoes, clothes, gold... (Ahem!!!)

9. One effective tested and tried kitchen tip you would like to share with the world.
To saute your basmati rice in oil before cooking it and to use just 1.5 cups hot water per cup of rice, works like magic everytime!!!

10. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Time spend in Kerala during my summer vacations - I was a Gulf kutti, actually I still am... :)

11. Do you wish you could turn back the clock? If so , why?
Yes, I do wish, but I know it's wishful thinking, so I dont want to ponder over that for longer... :)

Thank you so much for giving it to me. Seriously, I would love to give it to 33 blogs, but then I am so time pressed, I am so sorry!!! :( So this is all for you, my dearest supporters. I have no words to express when it comes to how much I love your comments and good words... God bless you all!!! :)

Labels: ,