Chicken Liver Roast

I took a break yesterday - from everything, so as to say! :) Apart from my facebook account that I kept checking (yeah, call me addicted! :T ),  I didn't do anything on blogger or on Google + or on my emails. My elder one came back after her tiny vacation from India and they arrived early morning, so I had a lot of sleep to catch up, which unfortunately didn't happen, thanks to the hyper younger one that I have. :) She didn't sleep and she ensured that she didn't allow me to sleep. I took things very light, made light lunch and some dinner - yes, worth posting on this blog later! :) But then come back to the office today and I regretted the leave I took yesterday. A leave ensures that at least the first half portion of your day is in a mess and that itself makes you want to turn the clock around and come back to office!

So all said and done, I am here today with a yummy but simple recipe. I am not very fond of chicken liver, as I feel it keeps getting stuck to my throat, but if it is cooked the way that I have mentioned below, I lick up the plate completely - no stains remaining! :) I guess you guys should try it to believe it...

Chicken Liver Roast
Serves 4-5


Ingredients:

600 gm chicken liver, cleaned
1 tbsp oil
3 onions, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp kasuri methi
4 tbsp yogurt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
Chopped coriander leaves and green chillies for garnishing

Method:

Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and fry till golden brown. Add the ginger and garlic paste along with the kasuri methi and fry for a minute. Now add the liver and saute on meduim-high flame till the color of the liver turns pinkish - do not overmix as the liver may break. Put all the dry masalas and the yogurt and give it a nice mix. Keep the flame on low and cook till the liver is done.

Add the coriander powder and green chillies and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve hot with rotis or parattas.

Finger licking good!!!

Labels: , ,