Eggless Chocolate Coke Cake

I had this bottle of coke sitting which I did not want to drink nor give it off to anybody else (more of concern, you see... ;) ). Before blogging, I had heard that coke gave a lovely flavor and color to chocolate cake. I wanted to bake a cake but I did not have even a single egg. While googling through, I found this recipe, which was perfect as I had everything in the pantry. Went ahead and baked it. What I got was a dark colored, dense and extremely moist cake, but mildly sweet. I had baked this cake when there was nobody at home to share with, so as usual what I would have done next, I cut into pieces and brought it for my colleagues, who really enjoyed it. I played a guess game with them as to what was the secret ingredient and when they heard "coke", their jaws dropped!!! You just cannot make out the presence of coke in it. One colleague, who is an "anti-processed food activist", gobbled up two pieces before I broke the secret. I was worried if he would really puke it out, but he didn't! All I got was a big stare... Hehe...

Eggless Chocolate Coke Cake
Makes 16 pcs
Recipe adapted from here

Yummm....

Ingredients:

100 gm butter, melted and more for greasing pan
1 can condensed milk
225 gm all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp cocoa powder
250 ml coke

Method:

Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Grease and flour a brownie pan and keep ready.

Mix the butter and condensed milk till well combined. Add all the dry ingredients and mix till there are no lumps. Finally add in the coke and stir to mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and tap to distribute evenly. Bake in the oven for 60 minutes or till done.

Linking this to Tangy Minds First Anniversary celebrations...





Labels: , , ,