Eggless Chocolate Pancakes

I have this dirty habit of sneaking in chocolate wherever possible. Into cakes, into muffins, into bread, into snacks... and my HD hates that!!! :) He keep asking me, is there anytime when you will avoid doing that? I wish I could. Like majority women across the globe, I too have a weakness for chocolate.

I am happy, I need chocolate.
I am sad, I need chocolate.
I am depressed, I need chocolate.
I am excited, I need chocolate.
I am normal, I still need chocolate!!!

How many of you ladies out there feel it? Hands up, please!!! Hehe...

So there you go, for a lazy weekend, I love these chocolate pancakes with a nice drizzle of honey... hmmm... bliss!!! And what more - it's eggless!!! I've noticed that I have not posted much of egg included recipes. I very much have eggs, but the lazy side in me prefers eggless, to avoid the time I have to invest in eggs! ;)

Eggless Chocolate Pancakes
Makes 10-12
Recipe adapted from here



Ingredients:

1 cup wholewheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3 heaped tbsp cocoa powder (I used Hersheys)
1-1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp brown sugar
A pinch cinnamon powder
A pinch salt
3 tbsp yogurt
3/4 cup milk
Water, sufficient 
Oil/ butter/ ghee for cooking

Method:

Mix all the ingredients from wholewheat flour to water to make a thick lump free batter. Heat up your tawa, brush some oil/ butter/ ghee (butter all time!!!), pour a ladle of batter and cook both sides till done.

Serve warm with a drizzle of honey, or with fruits and whipped cream!!! Yummm....

Labels: , ,