Bread and Butter Pudding

Today, I thought, instead of me doing the talking, I will just put across a little phrase that I really loved on FB, for all you "butterflies" out there to ponder about... :)


Meanwhile, please do not forget that my event is ending tomorrow. So do send in your entries before it finishes. I would love to hear from you all... :)

I always love quick desserts, that you can put together within no time and just dump it in. I was really in a mood to have something sweet and had this packet of bread sitting in my fridge. Suddenly, I remembered this recipe and thought, why not I make it. Immediately I started all the action and in the next 40 minutes, the dessert was done. This is a warm dessert and therefore, we enjoyed it after dinner in the same speed it got out of the oven. Hehe...

Bread and Butter Pudding
Recipe from here


Ingredients:

8 slices of bread
Butter, as required
500 ml milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
Cashews and chocochips for sprinkling

Method:

Butter the bread slices generously and form into sandwiches - total you will have four. Cut diagonally and arrange on an oven-proof glassware. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.

Heat the milk in a saucepan. Add the sugar and stir till dissolved. Beat the eggs lightly with a fork and slowly pour into the hot milk, stirring constantly to ensure that the eggs don't curdle. Add in the vanilla essence and cook for a few minutes till the milk gets slightly thicker. Switch off the flame and pour it on top of the prepared bread and butter. Sprinkle the cashews and choco-chips generously on top and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes till the top gets slightly browned.

Serve warm as is, or with a scoop of ice-cream, for further more added calories!!! Hehe...

Notes:

1. I, being a lazy head, did not bother to remove the sides of the bread. If you want, you can go ahead and remove.

2. If using milk bread, adjust sugar levels accordingly.

3. You can use anything to sprinkle on top - raisins, almonds, etc. The choice is yours.

4. Ensure to serve warm. I tried eating it cold, but didn't like the taste, so microwaved it for a minute and had it. :)

Labels: , ,