Eggless Garlic Zaatar (Thyme) Rolls

It's already Thursday today!!! I cannot believe myself. I feel that this week has flown by skipping a couple of days in between!! This weekend is devoid of any plans, which is good. I guess then I can twist and tweek it the way I want, InShaAllah... :)

I have just noticed that for the past few posts, I've been only posting desserts or snacks rather than some hard core meals!!! I guess it's time to break that trend at-least for some time. So after today's post, hopefully I will post some meals... These garlic rolls are too good... I have taken this recipe from Suhaina's My Singapore Kitchen, just like how I had done for the Mini Sausage Rolls I posted sometime back. Actually speaking, I lost my fear of working with yeast, once I had made these two recipes from her page. This is also one no-fail good recipe, which I have made a couple of times and have turned out well each time...

Eggless Garlic Zaatar (Thyme) Rolls
Makes 8
Recipe from here



Ingredients:

For the dough:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup water
3/4 tbsp instant yeast
3/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp oil

For the filling:
50 gm butter
2 tbsp garlic paste
2 tsp zaatar - dried thyme
A pinch of salt
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
Milk for brushing

Method:

First let's prepare the dough. Mix all the ingredients except the oil in a large bowl and knead into a smooth dough. Finally knead well again with oil. Cover the bowl with a muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour or till it doubles in size. 

Soften the butter. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until combined. Keep aside. Grease an 8 inch cake pan well and set aside. 

Once the dough doubles in size, punch the dough and divide into two balls. Flatten one ball into a large rectangular shape. Spread the garlic zaatar butter into the center  Roll the dough to represent a long tube. Cut into four pieces and place in the pan. Do the same thing with the remaining dough. Keep closed with a muslin cloth for further 20-25 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Pull out the pan, sprinkle sesame seeds lavishly and brush lightly with milk. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes till a golden crust develops. Serve warm!!!

Labels: , , ,