Honey Banana Bread

Seriously, sitting at home is no fun!!! Having continuously worked for some years now, with the only breaks being the annual vacations, which are normally at break neck speed, packed with events, I am not used to this kind of rest. Everybody keeps telling that it will be like a good break, but seriously I don't seem to enjoy it. No cooking, no testing, no doing anything - all I do is sit with my legs stretched, occasionally browsing FB, which I am finding boring these days (thank God!!!), reading books, pondering the Quran, dealing with the heavy punches that I keep getting from Azza, etc. Azza is the most excited that I am at home. As I type this post, she's trying her hand at pulling out some of side portion of my laptop. I guess by the time I am done, I should conveniently lose the side cover of my laptop!!!

Today, I am sharing with you a loaf that I had baked some time ago to cover up some night cravings. One thing I am not able to do as of now, is if I really want to bake something, I have to think twice, thanks to my umma!!! She is of the strong opinion that all that baking does is to add on calories and sugar and therefore it is a big no-no. How much ever I convince that all baking is not calorie laden, I have failed miserably till date. For instance, this bread... All the ingredients are pretty available in the pantry, nothing much complicated, and what more, it uses wholewheat as the main ingredients! I baked it at night, and served it for breakfast the next day morning. We had it just like that, but I am sure it would taste too good with a spoonful of butter or jam or even more, Nutella!!!

Honey Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
Recipe courtesy: VLCC


Ingredients:

2 cups wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1 cup mashed bananas
1/3 cup honey
1 cup milk

Method:

Preheat your oven at 160 degrees. Grease a large loaf pan and keep aside.

Mix all the dry ingredients together with a whisk until well combined. Now add all the wet ingredients and mix well till fully wet. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread to level on the top. 

Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.

Notes:

The bread was very mild in sweetness, as neither the bananas, the honey nor the brown sugar contributed to make it really sweet. So if you want your bread to be a tad bit more sweet, increase on the brown sugar and honey!!!

Labels: , , , ,