Be My Guest - Mushroom Peas Pulao

This guest post is special to me, ask me why... ask me... :) The time I was thinking of asking Divya of Dishing to do a guest post for me, she messaged me on FB if she could be a part of the series!!! I really don't know if she believed me when I told her that I had exactly the same thing in my mind, but dear, it is true! I was really thinking of writing to you for a guest post, however you went ahead and took the ball from me and aimed at the goalpost! ;)

So there she is on my blog... Divya just recently celebrated her first bloggoversary with homemade rose syrup, which I just loved. She has been a regular on my page and leaves her lovely comments whenever possible. Can't help it but say that I love her pictures - simple and to the point... I seriously do not have any energy to do a lot of blabbering today, I suppose!!! Let me just move on to the yummy Mushroom Peas Pulao that she so lovingly has bought along.So I will pass on the batton to Divya and see what she has to say! :)

I am Divya Shivaraman, happily Food blogging on my space Dishing. Born in Kerala, Brought up in Chennai. A big fan of street foods, die hard fan of Pani poori. Other than cooking, my hobby list also includes painting and photography. Blog was never an idea for me. When my best friend and blogger Radhika Vasanth of Food For 7 Stages of Life spoke about her blog and photography interest - That simply inspired me. I am so thankful to her because she made me blog today. 

There was a life earlier for me and my hubby - 10 hours of work, 3 hours of travel, 6 hours of sleep, 5 hours of extra extra. Then came our little bundle of joy, who turned my world upside down. it was not easy for me to take that change, but what  keeps me going is the feel she gives me every time that "I am the world for someone who is calling me amma". In about 6 months after her birth we moved to the USA. Different people, culture and way of life. This was the time I started cooking. 

Dishing is a food blog that features recipes after trial and error sessions in my kitchen. I started this blog with the intention of sharing the recipes with others which I tried personally. I post my recipes only if its approved by my food critic - My hubby! I love cooking for my hubby for these reasons "he is always happy with whatever I serve, he never insists for anything specific, never complains, never troubles". When you have a hubby like that, you will always want to treat him with good food :). This was how my cooking interest improved. From searching a name for my blog, design, presentation, also selecting which recipe to post - my hubby does help me. He is the best critic I have. His support is another strength that helps me run my blog. I am very thankful to him.

Rafeeda - "Ummi" of two beautiful kids, food blogger, writer and photographer of her wonderful food blog with unique recipes from Kerala and around - juggles multiple roles easily in her life. She also has a special way of providing comments that has made me know her more. Whenever I read her post I always smile because she writes just the way she is...Naturally! Very happy to guest post for the first time for one of my best blogging buddies - Rafeeda of "The Big Sweet Tooth". I always had a fear about guest posting, thinking it would upset host reputation but when I saw Rafee updating guest posts I was excited and wanted to play my part. All I did was post my interest on FB message. She popped up with double excitement and replied me. Well when you have good support to back you up, you can put your fears aside and get ready to rock.
  
Mushroom Peas Pulao

Ingredients:
Button Mushroom - 400 grams
Green peas - 2/3 cup
Basumathi rice - 1-1/2 cups
Onion - 1-1/2 cups or 1 larges sized (Finely chopped)
Tomato - 2/3 cup or 1 medium sized (Finely Chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Green chillies - 2 no's
Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1-1/2 tablespoons
Fennel powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander leaves - Handfull chopped
Salt - as needed
Coconut milk - 1/2 cup (First milk)
Water - 1 cup

To temper:
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Cardamon - 2 no's
Clove - 2 no's
Bay leaf - 3 no's
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch small stick
Fennel seeds - 1-1/2 teaspoons

Method:
Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper all the ingredients given under "To temper" list. Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies and saute until raw smell goes off. Add onions,salt and saute until they are transparent and slightly brown.


Add tomatoes with chilli,coriander,garam masala,fennel powder. Saute until oil oozes out. Add mushrooms and green peas and saute until mushroom lets out water.


Add washed/cleaned rice,coriander leaves and saute for a minute. Add coconut milk, water - check for salt and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Open once pressure is down and serve hot with raitha. 


 My Notes:
Mushroom oozes water, so i added water in the ratio of 1:1(1 cup water for 1 cup rice).
Rice cooking time and water requirement depends on the variety of rice used too.

Thank you so much Rafee...I am so glad that you gave me a chance to be a part.

It's my pleasure having you over here, Divya... I've enjoyed coordinating with you for this guest post... Wishing all of you a very nice weekend! :)


Labels: , ,