Eggless Jam Mug Cake

There are some people in life, who have the amazing capability of lifting you up when you have the slightest doubt about yourself. I sincerely believe that such people have this God-given gift of being able to pep up somebody's day and make them feel very confident about themselves. Have you all encountered somebody like that in your life, who you can depend on for all those small and big "what if" and "but" situations? I bet you all would... :)

There is nothing more irritating to me than to not make something because I am on a curfew. When the June Eggless Baking Challenge, Jam Swirled Muffins as suggested by Priyaakka of Priya's Versatile Recipes was declared, I really didn't know what to do. I very well knew that I had no option of making a whole batch of muffins and inviting the wrath of my umma. Hehe... But then I wanted to make something close to it, as I did not want to miss the challenge, mainly because I am not guaranteed to complete the next two challenges, due to Ramadan, Eid and the summer vacations.

I emailed Gayathri and asked her, if I put up a mug cake, would that do? She replied in affirmative. So there you go, to complete the challenge, I made an eggless mug cake with the jam in it and all I got was one spoon to it, remaining was wiped out by my B!!! Even the kids didn't know an inkling about it... :)

Eggless Jam Mug Cake
Serves 1

Regret the pic, my B had already messed it up b4 I could take a click! :T

Ingredients:

6 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp oil
4 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp jam

Method:

Mix all the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients slowly and mix till you have a lump free thick batter. Finally add in the jam and give it just one mix. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or till done. 

Notes:

The cake was quite fudgy mainly because the baking powder was in very little quantity. But tasted really good. The sugar was just enough as the remaining sweetness was contributed by the jam.

Labels: , , ,