Vegetable Potato Balls

I guess my head is still there - stuck in a rut!!! No words seem to be flowing, as usually is the case. I guess being on holiday makes me a bit slow than anything else!! Hehe...  I sincerely hate it when I don't get the introduction I want, especially when I like to yak about a lot... Hmm....

I guess today, I will be content with sharing this quote with you. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to share it. How many of us agree to this? We, as humans, are supposed to spread our good to our enemies as well. But normally, do we do that? I don't think so... :) It's such a deep and meaningful quote that says a lot. I guess I should leave it to you guys to think about it...

Off to today's recipe, something my umma and I made during one of our Iftar breaks. Please... don't ask me why am I late. There are so many recipes pending to be posted, I've been saying time and again. But now since I am very slow at cooking, or seriously telling, hardly cooking, I guess this baggage of mine is definitely going to help me. So, if you see me referring to some ages back, please forgive me! :D

There was this extra potato that was in the fridge, after we had made some aloo tikkis. What next? I told her, let's do some bondas. But then, look at the time, there's hardly 40 minutes to Iftar and for bondas, we need more potatoes, think what we can do with this one. OK... *racking my head* umma, there's some frozen veges in the fridge, right? Yeah... Tadaa... I pull them out, microwave them to thaw, smash the potato and went ahead to make this. Not a bad idea... That's why I am sharing it here! :)

Vegetable Potato Balls
Makes 10-12


Ingredients:

1 large potato, boiled and mashed
1/2 cup mixed vegetables (frozen)
1/4 tsp chaat masala
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup gramflour
Water to mix
Oil for deep frying

Method:

Microwave the mixed vegetables in little water til well thawed and cooked, for about 3-4 minutes.. Drain well. Add it into the mashed potato along with the chaat masala, salt and pepper and mix well. Mix the gramflour with water into a very thick batter, which can coat the potato mixture.

Heat oil in a frying pan. Roll the potato mixture into small balls, slowly roll into the gramflour mixture till well coated and fry till golden brown. Serve with some tomato ketchup, or chilli sauce - like I love to eat it! :)

Labels: , ,