Chicken Kadai

Sometimes I feel like I represent the weather of the place I live in. Sometimes, I am clear with no clouds, sometimes I am hot, hazy and humid, sometimes there are irritating sandstorms and then it all of sudden becomes calm. Is it the effect of the country I stay in or my basic nature? I don't know... :D I wanted to ask you all a question: does your cooking represent your mood? Mine very much does. I will make super stuff when I am at a high and equally lousy stuff when I am mood off. What about you? I would really love to know... :)

Just like how it was while I was making this Chicken Kadai. I made it in a really good mood to cook. As time approached for the dish to be done, my mood took a downward trend and it hit the rut as soon as I realized that I had nothing to garnish the dish to make my photograph look good. Hmm.... what a perfect ending!!! Thankfully, since my cooking started off at a high note, the end result was lip-smacking. Such an easy dish with little ingredients that amalgamates to give some lovely flavors... Finally, who wants the coriander to beautify the dish? It was all wiped and cleaned up... hehe...

Chicken Kadai
Serves 4-5
Recipe Courtesy: Dr. Lakshmi Nair



Ingredients:

1 kg chicken, cleaned and cut into medium pieces
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp garlic paste
3 tbsp chicken masala powder
3 large tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp kasoori methi
1/2 tsp garam masala
Salt, to taste

Method:

Heat oil in a saucepan. Saute the garlic till the raw smell goes. Add the masala powder and saute for a minute. Add in the tomatoes and ginger paste and cook till the tomatoes are all smashed up. Now add in the chicken peices along with salt and cook till the chicken is tender. Finally sprinkle in the kasoori methi and garam masala, adjust the salt and keep for a couple of minutes on low flame. 

Serve hot with rotis, naan or parathas!!! 

* You may garnish with coriander leaves, which I avoided since I didn't have them. 

Labels: , ,