Ginger Mushroom Curry

Seriously, I was considering to not post anything today. I really don't know... I am not in a mood, maybe not in a mood to write or tap anything, rather than not post a recipe! I guess I am passing through a dry phase now, where my mind has just given up on me and is not ready to give in to my requirement for some random ramblings!!! So I was thinking not to post anything today, because I don't have anything to talk about. But somehow, I cant! This blog seems to have become a part of me now - should I call it dedication or obsession, I really don't know! I really don't want it to be the second for sure, to reach a stage where it will dictate a lot of things. So I better call it dedication - that sounds like a really mild word, as far as I am concerned! ;)

Mushroom is one vegetable I love to eat, but then was never confident of cooking it myself. The only mushroom dish that I have tried making and loved it was this stir fry that I had made along with chicken in it. As usual, on one of the veg-days, my browsing on my phone came to the rescue and I found this curry. I just don't remember the source. :( I was slightly apprehensive as it has a very gingery taste and was not sure how the men would appreciate it, but thankfully, it was well accepted so here I am sharing it with you! :)

Ginger Mushroom Masala
Serves 4


Ingredients:

500 gm mushrooms, washed and quartered
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3 large onions, sliced
3 green chillies
2 tbsp ginger paste
2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chili powder (I used half Kashmiri chilli powder)
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
Curry leaves for garnish

Method:

Heat oil in a saucepan and splutter cumin seeds. Add in the onions and cook till it becomes soft. Add in the green chilies and ginger paste and saute for a couple of minutes. Add in the coriander and turmeric powder and saute till the raw smell goes. Add the chopped tomatoes and chilli powder and cook on low flame with closed lid till the oil floats on the top and the tomatoes are all smashed up. 

Add a little water, around 1/2 cup, allow to boil. Now add in the mushrooms, mix well and cook till the mushrooms are done. Sprinkle garam masala and adjust the salt. Garnish with curry leaves and serve. 

Labels: , ,