Corn and Carrot Fritters

I can't say that winter is in, but yes, slowly it is opening it's doors here. The temperatures are in between 20 and 25 degrees in the morning with a creepy breeze and dark atmosphere, that waking up at 6 am in the morning feels like your alarm rung at the wrong time! Rasha keep rubbing her eyes and asking me, "Ummi, why are you forcing me to go to school at night???" Valid question, I have nothing to answer to that... Even sometimes I feel like I am making breakfast at dinner time! ;) Even though I love the winters, one thing I hate about it is the unwanted germs that come to befriend you during this time. Azza was having a very bad clogged nose, which is slowly becoming better, but then my friends out there know how irritating kids can be after a bout of illness. She takes care to irritate me at any time she sees my hands free. Either she wants me to pick her up or give into her silly requirements - can't help it, they are kids after all!!!

The best thing about this weather is the feeling of having garma-garam (just means hot!) chai with some deep fried hot snacks!!! Unfortunately, I don't get the time to take advantage of it, as by the time I am home, it's already dark and then you feel that the time for tea is already gone by. One of the easiest fritters I've ever made is this what I am going to share with you today. So easy to put together, and done in 15 minutes and taste awesome over a cup of chai and some gossip!!! :)

Corn and Carrot Fritters
Serves 3-4



Ingredients:

3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
1 x 370 gm sweet corn, drained
1 egg
1 cup besan flour (approx)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp chopped coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil to deep fry

Method:

Mix all the ingredients from carrot to salt and pepper and mix into a very thick batter. Since carrot and corn are naturally watery, you may not need water at all to do the batter. The egg would be more than enough. 

Heat oil in a deep vessel for deep frying. Once really hot, drop spoonful of batter into the oil and fry till golden yellow. Devour over a hot cup of chai with some ketchup or hot sauce!

Labels: , ,