Sausage Puffs

It's been a lovely weekend - have got some rest, my fair share of cooking, went for the Sharjah Book Fair, which is termed to be one of the largest book fairs in the world. The crowd was enormous... must have been because it is the last day today, but I was told that the crowd has been good everyday. I felt that it just goes to show that people still appreciate reading. I was happy that a lot of youngsters were vigorously going through the titles available and convincing their parents to buy it for them. I, as usual, picked up quite a bit of books, much above my budget and have promised myself to read them rather than leave them somewhere to hatch eggs!!! Reading was a habit that I so voraciously used to do, during my study days and my initial marriage days. Once studies in the form of MBA and then kids later came, the habit went into a self-imposed decline. In between, I tried to reignite the habit by joining a library but again faltered. I still love books - it can be about anything: fiction, non-fiction, religious, mystic, comics, etc - and love the feel of holding books and sinking myself into it, however, time constraints have made me sideline my favorite hobby. One of my new year resolutions for 2014 should be start the habit with the same vigor I used to have before. And yes, 2014 is hardly a month and a half away... so fast, isn't it???

Today, I am not sharing much of a recipe, but then, a very lazy snack, which the kids love - yes, because it has sausages! But the sausages, following in the category of processed food, is resorted to by me only if I have nothing else to cook with. So I have a couple of packs in the fridge always, and use it maybe once in a month. One way I love to use it is in the form of these yummy puffs!!!

Sausage Puffs
Serves 4-6


Ingredients:

8 chicken sausages, thawed
8 puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 small egg, slightly beaten

Method:

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Take a puff pastry sheet, keep the sausage in the centre and slowly close the corners to form a pack. Press the sides to seal properly. Repeat till the sheets and sausages are done. Slowly draw on one side with a fork to give a design. Brush generously with beaten egg on the top. 

Transfer to a baking pan, covered with parchment paper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes till crisp and brown. Serve warm with tea or coffee!

Labels: ,