Sunshine Parfait

I almost messed up my blog - I must say almost. Stupid me, without taking my back up, I tried uploading a new blogger format which made my blog look like a haunted place!!! Sheesh, a little heartbreak and an hour later, I somehow managed to restore the way my blog used to look like. That's why my fonts have changed, but then I think a change sometimes is nice. However, one lesson learned - try to take things easy! Never jump into anything without at least three to four thoughts and after thoughts... Phew...

There are days when you do not want anything heavy for lunch. Actually speaking, the only meal I eat wholeheartedly is lunch. All other meals nowadays is quite light, thanks to an effort to try and reduce some of the weight. I know it is not easy to lose weight, especially people like me who have always been on the wrong side of the scale. I have to really put myself full on in, work out like crazy to even lose a couple of inches. So you can imagine my height of jealousy towards people who can eat anything and still look pencil thin. Hehe... but then, I try to put a positive sign to it always - people who are "healthy" (read it any way you want!!!) are always the best people - always smiling, always radiant, always jovial. Right, "healthy" ladies??? See, I can hear a nice big "YES!!!" Good... 

So continuing from where I started, in that crazy effort, I had made this simple put-together parfait for a really filling lunch. The recipe was adapted from the pack of Kellogg's Cornflakes that I had at that time. I must say altogether - a really healthy way of satisfying your hunger pangs as well as your sweet cravings! I really don't know why it is called by its name - but by the looks of it, yes, feels like sunshine!!! :)

Sunshine Parfait
Serves 1




Ingredients:

3/4 cup low fat yogurt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup cornflakes
8-10 strawberries

Method:

Mix the yogurt and the sugar. In a tall glass, layer the sweetened yogurt first, strawberries and cornflakes and continue till the glass is filled. Serve immediately.

Notes:

1. You can use flavored yogurt, in that case you do not nee to use the brown sugar.
2. You can serve with many many more berries, like blackberry, raspberry, etc. I only had strawberry so I used it. 
3. You can use almonds or walnuts as well along with the berries. Since I had to avoid proteins at that time, I did not add to the parfait, but would have really loved to, considering the way I love nuts!

On a different note, Dubai gets the hosting rights for the Expo 2020, as declared yesterday. On top of that, the UAE's 42nd National Day celebrations are on next week, so the whole country is in a colorful frenzy. We are having a long weekend, so will take time to chill out and relax to the maximum, InShaAllah... :)

Labels: , ,