Honey Yogurt Cake - My 13th guest post for Shaain's Cooknotes

I am so glad that I am being featured on one of my good friend’s blog. Shahina, even though she lives in a different place than mine and I have never met her personally, there is a bond that we have built over our virtual communications. When I noticed that she was going through a low patch on her blog, I messaged her to inquire the reason of her unusual silence. She seems to be packed up with a lot of backlog on her work front and is not getting time to feed her blog. I then just casually asked her if she would be OK if I give her a guest post and she so excitedly reverted back with a “yes”.

Shaai, as I like to call her, has a lot of “naadan” food on her blog, which are so unique to Kerala.  I really feel that whenever I have to cook up some Kerala food, I can refer to her blog. One more thing is that she hardly has any sweet stuff on her blog – I mean she is more into spicy food than anything else. And being the person I am – a big sweet tooth, just like my blog name! – I decided I will give her something sweet as well!!!

One bake, that I clearly enjoyed and devoured, were these really good Honey Yogurt Cake and that is what I presented to her for her space!


To read more from this post, do hop on to Shaai's space here! Hope you all enjoy reading the post... :)




Honey Yogurt Cake
Serves 6

Ingredients:

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup thick yogurt
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder

Method:

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease and flour a 6 inch pan and keep aside. 

Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix with a whisk till well incorporated. Mix all the dry ingredients in another dry bowl till well incorporated. Slowly transfer the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix till well incorporated. Please note that the batter will be really thick, so don't panic! 

Transfer the mixture into the greased pan and level the top with a spatula. Bake for 40-45 minutes till a toothpick pricked in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Serve plain or with a scoop of cream, along with a cup of hot tea! The cake tastes just good as it is!

Labels: , ,