Yeasted Wholewheat Pancakes

Nowadays, the interest for cooking and baking seems to be eluding me. I really don't know why, but then whatever I am doing is only for basic survival - there is no trying, there is no experimenting, there is no excitement. I guess I had saturated myself too much by going overboard with my cooking and baking that now I am having to go through a dry phase as such! Or is it my moods? The weather is getting so cold that it tends to tickle your lazybones so much, that all you want to whip up is just a simple curry, and go back to fold yourselves in a thick blanket on that couch. There was a time when I thought to myself - what am I going to do with all those recipes in my draft??? There - I get the answer now! I can afford this dry phase for myself as long as my blog doesn't go hungry and without posts! So I am taking it lightly, trying to get back things to normal which will then get my moods also back to normal - and hopefully, soon I will be back with a lot of cooking and baking! :) Not everyday is the same, right...

I had made these pancakes for breakfast after referring it to a little booklet that I had got while purchasing a pack of yeast. Normally, baking powder or soda is used in pancakes for the fluffy effect, so I was a bit apprehensive about how yeast would act, and more than that, whether there would be any yeasty smell to the pancake. Surprisingly, these appeared just like normal pancakes and tasted good as well! 

Yeasted Wholewheat Pancakes
Makes around 10


Ingredients:

250 gm wholewheat flour
1 tsp instant yeast
2 small eggs
250 ml milk
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
Butter as required

Method:

Mix all the ingredients except butter into a bowl and combine to make a thick batter. Add water if required.

Heat a pan, drizzle some butter. Pour a laddle of batter and cook till spots appear on the top. Flip and cook for a couple minutes.

Notes:

You may use only all-purpose flour, or a mix of all-purpose with wholewheat for this recipe. The original recipe had only all-purpose flour.

Labels: , ,