Apple Pear Walnut Smoothie

I was wanting to skip blogging today, thanks to a sinus problem... I am not able to really keep my head up for too long, but not having blogged for the previous two days made me feel really guilty to ignore this baby of mine today. This is the easiest part that I love to do, so sharing with you a slide, which has some very important lessons one can follow in life:


Sometimes, all I need on weekend morning is a tall glass of smoothie to fill my tummy. First of all, it is full of goodness - of the fruits, of the milk and maybe of the nuts that you add. One such smoothie I love to enjoy from time to time is this one. I hate to eat walnuts but love them in my bakes and shakes as they lend a very different taste to it. Another good thing I do with my shakes is that I prefer to sweeten them with honey, rather than sugar, just to make it extra healthy... Not that I am conscious, not at all (does my blog show you that way! ;) ) but sometimes it feels nice to feel conscious towards being healthy... :)

Apple Pear Walnut Smoothie
Serves 2


Ingredients:

1 apple, peeled and chopped
1 pear, peeled and chopped
6 walnuts, soaked in 100 ml water for 10 minutes
1 cup milk
2 tbsp honey

Method:

Put all ingredients into the blender, including the water in which the walnuts are soaked. Blend till smooth. Serve in glasses and relish!

Labels: , , , ,