Biscuit Sables/ Eggless French Shortbread Biscuits

I have been very enthusiastically baking as a part of the Home Baker's Challenge, whenever I am able to. This month, Priya akka had provided us with a list of interesting French bakes, out of which, the lazy head in me chose these quick butter biscuits for two reasons - one, they were easy to make and two, I was sure these would appeal to my children, who are mad about biscuits. I was absolutely not wrong in my calculation. I baked half the recipe provided and in no time to even cool down, Azza would come, take one and go out of the kitchen munching only to come back in three minutes to pick up the next one from the rack! I had to hide them so that  I could give it to them for tea time the next day and whatever remained, vanished. Thank you, akka for these crispy buttery shortbread recipe - would keep making it whenever I am in a mood to for my children for sure... :)

Biscuit Sables/ Eggless French Shortbread Biscuits
Makes 24
Recipe from here




Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
A dash vanilla essence
1/2 tsp milk

Method:

Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Put parchment paper on a baking pan and set aside.

Cream the soft butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and milk and beat again. Now add the flour and slowly bring together to make a smooth dough. Divide the dough into three to four large balls. Roll them on a parchment paper, to around 1/2 inch thickness. Cut them into desired shapes and keep them on the pan. You can keep them close to each other as they are not going to expand!

Bake them for around 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and store them in an airtight container - if any are left, that is! ;)

Notes:

My cookies were pretty thin and I baked them initially for 18 minutes to get some really browned cookies! :( But they tasted good as well, so nothing was trashed! So adjust the time as per thickness of the cookies, the thicker it is, bake it for more time. My second batch was baked for 14 minutes and the color was perfect.


You can find all the challenges that I had participated for the Home Baker's Challenge here!

Labels: , , ,