Blonde Brownies/ Blondies

I love challenges that give me recipes that are on my bookmark for ages. This month's Home Baker's Challenge was by Shey of Just Not the Cakes and she had chosen an array of recipes related to the national cooking dates of USA. As per her list, January 22 is supposed to be National Blonde Brownie Day. Well, we are past that day, however, I don't think blondies need a day to bake!!!

The recipe she provide was this one, however the quantity was large and I was not able to halven it. I wanted to bake a normal brownie pan for my colleagues. After checking with her, I changed the recipe and tried and absolutely loved the result! If you are not very keen on brownies and are more of a white cake person, then this one is for you. I took half of the blondies to office and it was wiped out. My colleague who is not a sweet person like me, wanted a piece more but the men had already left an empty box behind!!! My little Azza hogged in one large piece and wanted more, though I had to restrict it for her. My B had a couple of them for breakfast. In short, they were absolutely well received. Thank you so much Shey, for including it in the challenge, or else God knows how much more I would have delayed baking this!!!

Blonde Brownies/ Blondies
Makes 16
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Method:

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease and flour a brownie pan and keep aside.

Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Set aside. Whisk butter and brown sugar till combined. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk again. Add the dry ingredients slowly and whisk till well combined. Finally fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into the pan and bake for 25 minutes or till skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool. Slice into 16 pieces and serve!


Labels: , ,