Carrot Oats Smoothie

I know I have not made anything evident on the blog... but I was away, totally disconnected virtually for the past two weeks. The posts that you saw running over these days were all scheduled so that my blog would not feel my absence! I must say that the past couple of weeks were perfect for me to come back to normal, after having gone through an emotional low. Sometimes, you need the push that has to come from the Almighty and I cannot thank Him enough as to how much I have benefited by this little change in my surroundings. All I know is that whatever come may be, He is there to take care of all the ups and downs that are going to happen, provided - this is the definite condition! - that I keep my faith in Him, and yes, Alhamdulillah, I have never felt mentally tough as I am feeling now. Agreed, we as humans are bound for our yo-yo moods, but the moods should not affect our faith in His powers. One Hadith that I love to keep telling myself - and I am sure all my lovely readers could take motivation as well - is this:

"Allah says, 'I am as my servant expects Me to be, and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he thinks of Me, I think of him. If he mentions Me in company, I mention him in an even better company. When he comes closer to Me by a handspan, I come closer to him an arm's length. If he draws closer to Me by an arm's length, I draw closer by a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him. If my servant comes to Me walking, I go to him running." (Al-Bukhari)

So end of the story - you require your dose of upliftment - go to Him and you will find solace... :)

I guess I start my journey back to daily blogging with a very simple smoothie.... nothing much fancy about it, but on a day when the chips are at a lazy best, nothing beats the fullness that a freshly made smoothie can give. I am not a carrot person, but once in a while, I love to blitz it and gulp it down. Off to this straightforward healthy dose of goodness...

Carrot Oats Smoothie
Serves 2


Ingredients:

2 medium carrots, peeled and cubed
1 cup water
1 cup milk (low fat)
3 tbsp oats
2 tbsp honey

Method:

Pressure cook the carrots for one whistle in the water. Allow to cool. Roast the oats on medium flame, for around 5 minutes. Take care not to burn. Allow to cool.

Blend the carrots with the water, oats, milk and honey till smooth. Serve in tall glasses and relish! 


Notes:

Since the oats is roasted, the smoothie has a slight raw taste that comes from the oats. If you want to avoid it, you can cook the oats in the milk till done and blend all the ingredients together! I am sure that would taste even more fantastic... I read somewhere that oats cooked in milk is quite calorie laden, so I preferred doing it this way... ;)

Labels: , , ,