Creme au Chocolat

As I sit to type this post - my fingers stuck to the keyboard, my eyes staring at my PC screen... it's a very strange feeling knowing and acknowledging that today I am posting the 300th post @ The BST. The journey has so far been really relaxed... I have been able to post on a regular basis without much breaks, which may not be the case in the future. I strongly believe at looking into how things are now and go with the flow rather than worry about the future. Does not mean that I am carefree about the future, in fact a small thing could drive me really nervous but somehow over the past few months, due to "wear-n-tear" of real life experiences, I seem to be much more calmer than I was before. I see that as a really good sign! :)

Two habits that I have developed as a part of food blogging and do not want to do away with:

* The intros I start with. I sincerely hope I don't give anybody an inkling that my life is full of problems. In fact, it is and isn't! Our human minds are devised in such a way that in bliss we see problems, or we like to see it! :) Alhamdulillah, all ups and downs in my life have taught me valuable lessons that I like to hold on and all I do is share them with you in a very subtle manner, in a way that I can hit the point without being too obvious. I sincerely hope my readers don't mind it. There are times when I have thought to myself that I should be doing away with it, but somehow it sneaks in... making it a "not-only-meant-for-food-but-also-philosophy" blog...

* Replying to each and every comment - sometimes I get really bogged with replying to all, but personally, I love the experience. I take my time, I break up my replies, but I like to ensure that I put a response for each and every valuable comment that I get on the blog, irrespective of how small it is. Wish to continue as much as I can...


Being the BST and a big chocolate fan, let me present to you this yummy dessert as a part of this little milestone of mine. I have no words to say about this. When this dessert was one on the baking list which Priya akka had given during the HBC as a part of the list of French bakes, I had  prepared the Sables and decided that I would somehow try this when I get the chance. And try I did over a weekend lunch, and what a treat it was!!! Even the non-chocoholic person at home, my HD, wiped almost 3/4 of the ramekin. I am sure he would have eaten it whole if the kids wouldn't have bothered him to share with them! It was that delicious... If you are a true chocolate fan, then I urge you to definitely try it... worth it, definite!

Just my way of telling a big "Thank You" for all the unwavering support that all of you have been giving me... there are times when I have felt the strong urge to take a break from blogging due to a lot of things happening in life, but then my blog, my love for food, and all your love brings me back into this platform and keeps me going, Alhamdulillah.... I only hope the zest to blog from my side and the support from all of you continue till it is all worth it... :)

Creme au Chocolat
Serves 4
Recipe from here


Ingredients:

100 gm dark chocolate chunks
3 egg yolks, at room temperature
1 cup fresh cream
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp sugar

Method:

Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Keep four ramekins ready.

Mix the cream and milk in a bowl. Bring to boil on very low flame. Once it starts to boil, switch off the flame and add the chocolate. Stir till it melts.

In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the sugar well. Add this mixture slowly into the chocolate mixture while continuously stirring, to ensure that the eggs don't cuddle. Sieve the final mixture into the ramekins.

Boil two cups of water and pour this into a large dish. Place the ramekins on top of the water bath. Bake for 30 minutes. Take out and allow to cool to room temperature. Then chill for around two hours before serving.

Serve sprinkled with nuts, icing sugar or toffee chips... the call is yours!

Notes:

1. The custard will still be wobbly after baking for 30 minutes but do not get tempted to overbake. The chocolate will turn bitter. As it sets, the custard will take its final texture.
2. Adjust sugar as per requirement. I kept it low to get more of the dark chocolate taste.


If I would have been able to, I would have cleaned that bowl a little more cleaner, but I have to show some decency, right... :)

Linking this to Gayathri's Kid's Delight event of Srivalli...



Labels: , , , ,