Dulche De Leche Bundt Cake - My 21st guest post for Haffa's Kitchen Adventures

It is always a pleasure to be writing guest posts to my fellow bloggers. In fact, I love the idea of guest posting as it improves virtual relationships between bloggers and makes it a place for some friendly competition and co-existence. I would like to thank Haffa for considering me to be a part of her little lovely blog!

Even though Haffa’s blog is quite young, I love the variety of recipes that she has on her blog. I am a big fan of Pakistani food and love to eat them whenever we are out. I have already bookmarked some recipes to try when I get the chance to, like Sooji Ka Halwa and Chapli Kebabs. I sincerely wish Haffa many many more months and years of successful blogging ahead…

After quite a thought, I decided to share this awesome cake that I had prepared as a “thank you” gesture to my elder daughter, Rasha’s friend’s mom, who used to take care of the kids in the absence of my umma. This is one of the best cakes I have made in the recent past, I have to tell... The DDL adds all the zing in the cake, making it a must-try!


To have a look at the recipe and the remaining of the post, do drop by Haffa's space here. Hope you enjoy the post as much as I did... :)



Dulche De Leche Bundt Cake
Makes 1 small bundt cake
Recipe adapted from here

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dulche de leche (DDL)
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk

Method:

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease and flour a small bundt pan. Keep aside.

Mix the flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar till creamy and fluffy. Add in the DDL and beat till combined. Beat in the egg one by one till well mixed. Add in the vanilla and mix again. Add the flour and buttermilk in two additions and beat just till combined.

Pour into the bundt pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes till done. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Flip onto a cooling rack and cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and serve!!!

Notes:

1. I added a little less than 1/2 cup brown sugar and the cake was mildly sweet. If you want it more sweet, then add the brown sugar, 1/2 cup tightly packed.
2. For buttermilk, pour 1/2 tbsp vinegar into 1/2 cup of milk and leave it undisturbed for 15 minutes. Your buttermilk is ready! 

3. Don’t worry if you cannot find DDL in your local supermarket! You can make it using your pressure cooker, by referring here

Labels: , ,