Eggless Orange Chocochip Cake

Sometimes, doing intros is not an easy task. I wish I could skip them, but then my mind just does not allow me to be in peace if I don't do something. So just sharing this with you... to ponder about...


Though I agree on everything on the slide, just a little disagreement on the statement which says "learn from your mistakes but never repent". Yes, learn from our mistakes, we must do, as these mistakes are the ones that will make us more cautious about things that we will do in the future, but regret, we must - if we don't regret, then we have no conscience present in us... if we don't regret, then we will tend to fall into the same trap and same mistakes... if we don't regret, then we automatically forego the important protection that the Almighty promises us...

Looks like I have not posted a cake for quite some time, is it?? I haven't been baking much these days, not because of being in a mood to diet, in fact, I have no diet on now! But because I like to compensate against days that I have already had something sweet, so I would not go for a cake then. I love the combination of orange and chocolate... nothing can go wrong when you mix them. This was such a moist cake, with a melt-in-the-mouth texture and bursts of chocolate chips in between was just like an added bonus!! I know some of my blogger friends would have a rolled eye for my craziness for eggless bakes, but then... due to the ease of it, I can't help it!!! ;)

Eggless Orange Chocochip Cake
Makes 1 small loaf
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

50 gm butter, melted
1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tin condensed milk
3/4 cup orange juice (I used store bought)
1/4 cup mini chocochips, coated in 2 tbsp all purpose flour

Method:

Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease and flour a small loaf pan and keep aside. 

Mix together the flour, baking soda and powder in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix the butter and condensed milk till well incorporated. Add the orange juice and mix well. Slowly add the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients and mix well without lumps. Add in coated choco chips and give just one mix. 

Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for around 30-40 minutes till the tester comes out clean. My oven took 40 minutes to bake the cake. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert only a rack and cool completely. Slice and serve!

Notes:

You can very well avoid the chocolate chips and make it an orange cake - but I would really recommend the chocolate as it gives a delicious flavor when mixed with the orange.

Labels: , , , , ,