Pachakkaaya Upperi - Raw Banana Stir Fry

How many of us like to hear advice? I know many of us don't really appreciate people poking their nose into our personal matters, or telling us how our lives are to be. Especially when we were small - that includes me too! - how much we hated when anybody tells us what to do, that includes our parents, right? But then as we grow up to be become older and wiser (really? :) ), we realize the value of the many advice that had come our way. In a world like today, where people are all into themselves, I personally believe that if somebody advises you, it is because they think good of you. I don't know how many of you would agree with me regarding this, but it is only my personal opinion. It is so rare these days that people tell you on matters that concern you, so if they do, then they take genuine interest in you. Provided that the advice provided matches with your morals and thoughts. I feel happy when people come forward and tell me matters that are of goodness to me and I try my maximum to incorporate it into my life. We as human beings have to look at avenues to continue striving to become a better person overall...

The recipe for today is one of my favorite side dishes of rice. I am one raw banana fan and love it in my curries. But this stir fry beats it all. Stir fries as this one tempts me to have less of rice and more of the vegetables, which is a total win-win in all sense, isn't it? :)

Pachakkaaya Upperi - Raw Banana Stir Fry
Serves 3


Ingredients:

4 medium raw bananas, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup coconut
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1 green chilli, slit
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chilli
1 sprig curry leaves
1/2 cup water

Method:

Soak the cut bananas in salt water for sometime. Drain and set aside.

Heat oil in a saucepan. Splutter the mustard seeds. Fry the dry chilli and curry leaves for a minute. Now add the bananas along with the rest of the ingredients and mix it well. Add in the water and allow it to boil on high flame. Reduce the flame and cook on closed lid till the bananas are done. Keep stirring in between to ensure it does not stick to the pan.

Serve warm with rice and a curry - and maybe some fish as well!!!

Labels: , , , ,