Pomegranate Juice

Image: Wikipedia
Pomegranate is one fruit that arouses a lot of memories in me... Not exactly a friendly fruit, considering that a lot of labour go into it before you can actually enjoy eating it! :) I guess that explains one reason why I don't buy pomegranate, or anaar as it is called in India, much in my pantry - blame it on my laziness. However, considering all the goodness that it possesses, and more than that, as a fruit that is considered to be a fruit of the heavens as per the Quran and Hadith (you can read more here and here, if you wish, that is...), I really am trying to include it as a part of my diet, though not daily, at least once in a week...

Off to the memory, each time I peel an anaar for eating, it reminds me of how my HD would always pack me one little box with anaar seeds as a part of my lunch when I was carrying Rasha. Those were the lazy days, where I took full advantage of being pregnant and made HD run around for each and every thing - after all, what is the fun in being a woman, right? :) Since I used to always wake up late for work and would have no time to pack my lunch, he would painstakingly put together my little bag while I finish off my morning chores. Along with a little sandwich filled with greens, he would at-least cut up a couple of fruits, one banana, one small box of anaar seeds and a little dabba of yogurt. Whoever would see me coming to the office would really feel that I am coming only to eat and not to work!!!! Hehe... it's been almost seven years now since all that happened and it feels like yesterday... :')

Apart from eating it, I love to juice it as well. The kids also prefer that way as they don't have to bite through the seeds! Off to the way I make it...

Pomegranate Juice
Serves 1


Ingredients:

1 medium pomegranate, peeled
3/4 cup cold water
1 tbsp sugar
A small pc of lime to squeeze (optional)

Method:

Put the pomegranate seeds, water and sugar into a blender and blend for a couple of minutes on high speed till blitzed well. Run the liquid through a sieve into another bowl so that the seeds are separated and only the liquid flows.

Pour into a glass, squeeze in the lime and serve immediately!!!

Labels: , , ,