Saffron Shrikhand - My 20th guest post for Fulls Scoop

I was glad when Beulah, who blogs at Full Scoops,  wrote to me for a guest post and I took the opportunity with open arms. Beulah’s blog, though new, is filled with lovely recipes and attracted me to follow her page. As usual, I set thinking what to give her and finally zeroed down on this delicious Indian dessert, our own Shrikand blissfully flavored with saffron and laced with some chopped pistachios!

As I type this, I am salivating at the same time feeling really sad that when I tried this recipe, I did not make enough to satiate my taste buds. Hmm... 


Please do hop over to Beulah's space here to read the post and the recipe as well. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed eating the little bowl that I got to lick! ;)



Saffron Shrikhand – Saffron Yogurt Dessert
Serves 3



Ingredients:


Method:

 Keep the yogurt on a muslin cloth on top of a deep bowl. Close the bowl and keep it overnight in the fridge for the whey to drain.

Heat the milk in the microwave for 40 seconds. Put the saffron strands in it and allow it to seep for a minimum of an hour.

In a mixing bowl, add the drained yogurt, the saffron infused milk, sugar and cardamom powder and whisk well till combined. Serve in bowls, sprinkled with chopped pistachios!

Labels: ,