Eggless Brownies in Microwave

There is something about cooking... how much ever you try, you still feel that there is lots more to try! I am somebody who keeps wanting to make something new every other time. Unless I am in a really lax mood, which I had been for the past few months, I keep making new dishes almost every other day. The main challenge is making something that would suit everybody's taste buds. My B is my biggest support - he loves the variety I bring in and is usually positive about whatever I cook, as long as I give him a big share of the dessert that I am making, sometimes making me wonder whether I am the BST, he seems to be a bigger BST!!! Hehe... My HD takes whatever I make with not much remarks, but if he likes it, he would ensure that he tells it to me. If he is quiet, that means it is OK, or maybe he did not like it, though he never makes it obvious. The kids are really hard to please. Really hard, I say... Rasha's taste buds have got so saturated with umma's food tastes that she keep comparing my curries to her and keeps telling me, "not good" especially for curries for afternoon. The only thing she loves is chocolate cakes, now can I keep making it every time??? As for Azza, she is in the process of eating everything that I give her, I sincerely hope she does not get the tough taste buds her elder sister has. But one thing is there - if she likes something, she will keep coming for repeats till we show her that the tin or the bowl is empty! :)

These brownies were once baked for my chocolate crazy Rasha who wanted a chocolate cake "now now!" and had no patience to wait. I rarely make microwave cakes as I don't tend to like their texture. Sometimes, it goes too dry beyond our liking, unless and until you know your microwave oven inside out. After more than one and half year, I am still not comfortable with my oven, especially the convection mode. I know I have done some good bakes, but none of those have come without some anxiety hits!!! I loved this bake, obviously because it was chocolate (duh!!!) but then I missed the brownie texture, it turned out quite crumbly. But still who is complaining, as long as the pan goes empty in minutes... :)

Eggless Microwave Brownies
Makes 16 squares
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

8 oz (113 gm) semi sweet cooking chocolate bar (I used Hersheys)
120 gm butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup milk
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped

Method:

Grease an 8 inch brownie pan well. Sieve the flour and baking powder and set aside.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave and mix well. Add in the sugar and vanilla essence and whisk vigorously till well incorporated. Add the sieved flour, walnuts and milk and mix slowly without any lumps. The batter will be really thick. 

Pour the batter into the greased pan. Microwave on high for 7 minutes. Leave to rest for 5 minutes. Check with tester if done. If not done, then microwave again for another 3 minutes (which I did).

Cool completely in pan, then cool on your rack. Slice and serve along with tea or coffee!!!

Notes:

I really feel I should have baked it for just 1.5 minutes or maybe 2, to get a fudgy texture. Nevertheless, chocolate is chocolate, is chocolate, right? :)

If you are looking for an egg based microwaveable brownie, then do try these Three Nut Brownies - they are just awesome, I must say...

Labels: , , , ,