Bappa Doi - Steamed Yogurt Dessert

In February, Priya akka started a new challenge, which was based on a very interesting concept. She would club two bloggers together, who would discuss among themselves two secret ingredients, which are not to be revealed to anybody else in the group. They would then cook using those ingredients and reveal the secret ingredients between 16 and 18 of the next month. I was not able to participate in the group for March as I was caught up with a lot of things but then decided to go ahead in April since I thought I would be able to do it. This is one good thing about this event - Priya akka enquires who would be able to do the challenge for the month so that she can work on the pairs. One big advantage about this event is that you get to meet new bloggers, opening up newer ideas and of course, newer friends!!!

Oh... I forgot to mention the name of the event, it has a really cute name!!! - The Shhh.... Cooking Secretly Challenge. For more information on the event and if you would love to be a part of it, then do check up at akka's space.

My partner for this time's challenge happened to be Ramya of Lemon Kurry. We are already pals on FB so it was definitely not difficult putting up the challenge with her. What she gave me was yogurt and almonds, and I decided to use both the ingredients in my recipe for this challenge. Bappa Doi, which is a steamed yogurt dessert from Bengal, has been on my to-do for so long and what better opportunity than to make it as a part of this challenge!!! So there you go, this is my first recipe for this challenge... hope to participate in the future with more partners as and when time permits... :)

Bappa Doi
Serves 5
Recipe adapted from here 


Ingredients:

3/4 cup thick yogurt
3/4 cup milk
300 gm condensed milk
1/4 cup crushed almonds

Method:

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl well. Divide in 5 ramekins. Cover with foil and poke some holes on top. Steam for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Chill for a couple of hours. Serve cold.


Notes:

You can steam in a bowl for around 40 minutes.

Want to see what my partner made with the secret ingredients I gave her? Do go to her post here....


Labels: , , ,