Rose Pannacotta

I guess I am just rushing madly... the more I push myself to finish the drafts on my blog, the more I feel pressured... I guess the time we put a lot of pressure on ourselves, the excitement of working on it dies down and it feels like a chore more than a hobby!!! I have already targeted myself that I should be finishing my drafts quite soon and settling down to blogging only when I feel like... That is the only time I feel I may be able to concentrate on improving the overall aspect of my blogging... There was a time I used to get really excited about blogging on a daily basis but not anymore... cooking for the blog on a daily basis but not any more... Hmm, does that mean that I am on an overload stage? I guess I have to do some serious soul searching... :)

Just to calm myself down, this absolute cool dessert is what I post today. I prepared this during a small gathering of cousins and they absolutely loved it. First of all, pannacotta is not something that gets made frequently, right... so when I made this for them, they thought it was a different dessert. The light tinge of rose essence and the smell of rose syrup makes this dessert even more tempting. I have previously posted the Vanilla Pannacotta, this is definitely an interesting variation...

Rose Pannacotta
Serves 10


Ingredients:

750 ml thick cream
500 ml milk
1 cup sugar
2 tsp rose essence
200 ml hot water
2 sachets (10 gm) gelatin

Method:

Combine the cream, milk and sugar in a saucepan. Cook on low flame till the mixture is hot. Add in the rose essence.

In another bowl, melt the gelatin into the hot water and stir till well combined. Add this into the hot cream mixture and cook for another 5 minutes on low flame. Switch off.

Divide the mixture into 10 ramekins and allow to cool. Cover with cling film and allow to set completely in the refrigerator for couple of hours.

Serve with a drizzle of rose syrup on top.

Labels: , ,