Wholewheat Anzac Cookies - my 23rd guest post for Resna's Tasty Home

I am so glad to be here on my dearest friend, Resna’s space. She has already guest posted in my blog with her yummy Pidi Payasam and it was during this time I created a rapport with her. It always feels nice to meet people through blogs, who we may not know personally but just the interaction makes you feel that you have known them for ages. Her Pidi Payasam was her 100th blog post, and despite not being well during that time, she hastily finished her last few posts, so that she could have her 100th post as the guest post for my blog! Now this time, she wanted me to be the first guest to be featured on her blog, and seriously, I am feeling so honored that mine is the first name that came to her mind! JazakAllah khairan Resna… I am so overwhelmed… I only pray that Allah gives you barakah in whatever you undertake… 

I was wondering what to give Resna and the choice was really difficult. After a lot of contemplation, I thought I would give her something baked, as I find she is slowly starting to try a little bit of baked stuff and thought, why not I contribute something to that list. Then I remembered those addictive cookies that I had baked some time ago from my darling friend Jehanne's awesome blog


To read more and the recipe, please do not forget to hop onto Resna's space here. Hope you enjoy the post! :)






Makes approximately 12 cookies
Recipe adapted from here

Ingredients:

120 gm instant oats
100 gm wholewheat flour
25 gm unsweetened dessicated coconut
75 gm sugar
100 gm butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp baking soda

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a cookie sheet and set aside.

Combine the oats, flour, coconut and sugar in a bowl.

Melt butter on low flame till lightly browned. Switch off the flame. Add the golden syrup and mix. Dilute the soda in 2 tbsp water and splash into the butter. You will start seeing bubbles coming.

Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine well. Take out scoops and put on the cookie sheet, giving 2 inch space between each cookies for expanding. Press slightly on the top.

Bake 12 to 15 minutes till golden brown. The cookie may still be soft when out of the oven but it tends to harden when cool.

Notes:

1. I ran out of dessicated coconut while making these, so added only what is mentioned above. If you love the coconut taste (which I do, being a Keralite!), you can add upto 75 gm.
2. You can use rolled oats instead of the instant oats.
3. The sweetness is really mild. Add more sugar if required, but not too much as the golden syrup is sweet as well.

4. If making small cookies, bake upto 15 minutes but if the size of cookies is bigger, then bake for another additional 3 minutes.

Labels: , ,