Wholewheat Banana Buttermilk Pancakes

Breakfast is always a difficult choice at home. On working days, it's always quick fix. Oats, upma, breakfast dosa, cereals... it's always jhatpat. Only on Fridays, I literally put my head to test, but then I normally finalise on kichadi, chakkara gothambu, puttu or some pancakes. Even though I love pancakes, my folks back home are not very keen on them as they call it a thicker version of maida dosa! Hehe... Once in a while, I do make them and make them limited so that I know I don't end up having extras and feeding myself more! On Saturday, my B insists on having scrambled eggs with bread and we all love that combination.

These pancakes are just so smooth and fluffy, that thankfully the kids loved them - so unusual! - and the HD had a couple of them with honey without any complaints. This is one pancake that I love to make apart from the chocolate ones... what a filling breakfast they provide...

Wholewheat Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
Serves 4
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

250 ml buttermilk
1 mashed banana
1 egg
1 tbsp sugar
50 gm melted butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
A pinch salt
1 cup wholewheat flour
Butter for cooking

Method:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk into a very thick batter. Heat the tawa, rub with some butter. Pour a ladle of batter and slightly spread. Cook both the sides for 3-4 minutes till done. 

Serve warm with honey, maple syrup, whipped cream and fruits... whatever be your choice! 

Notes:

You can make buttermilk by mixing 250 ml milk with 1 tbsp vinegar, and leaving it undisturbed for 15 minutes.

Do check out the Yeasted Wholewheat Pancakes as well for more ideas... 

Linking it to the "Foodabulous Fest" of Simply Tadka hosted by A Bowl of Curry...



Labels: , , ,