Chicken Sausage Pakodas

Many times, I have been writing my struggle to find patience. My level of patience are quite limited, however, Alhamdulillah... I am trying my maximum to control my nafs and keep it in track, with the belief that Allah knows what He is doing with my life. After all, the Qur'an clearly states "Sabrun Jameel" (Surah Yusuf 12:83) - patience is befitting, patience is beautiful... What is beautiful patience? "It is a state of happiness and pleasure while being patient over a situation". I know it is not easy, I definitely know... life pushes you to corners that you never expected to be in but when Allah promises you big rewards for being patient, in this world and the hereafter in the form of eternal Jannah, why shouldn't we be patient? It is a reminder for myself who is struggling with my thoughts, trying to tell myself constantly to be patient. Life is all about ups and downs, twists and turns, right and wrong... We are asked to "not despair on the mercy of Allah" (Surah Zumar 39:53). As a part of our Ramadan routine, we watch the Saudi TV relay of the Tharaweeh prayers from Masjid Haram. I particularly love to hear Sheikh Sudais's recitation - mainly because his sounds shudders and shakes at every mention of the Day of Judgement, Jannah and Jahannam... making me realize how impatient we are about tribulations in this world, when our life is hardly a few years over here... may Allah provide us with the sabr and taqwah to go through all our ups and downs in this little life of ours.... Aameen....

Coming to the recipe for today... since Rasha has been fasting, umma feels bad if she does not make anything for Iftar. All of us wouldn't mind eating them though we consider it to be really unhealthy to have them on an empty stomach, so we normally push them for our tea time at 8 pm, just before going for our Tharaweeh prayers. I have already posted a couple of pakoda versions on the blog, the favorite definitely being the chicken pakodas apart from the quick normal pakodas that we make and not to forget, the egg pakodas. This is just another easy variety using sausages, which are a favorite for kids. Yep, I know it's processed food but still, once in a while, doesn't hurt, right? :) This is always a favorite when made and goes well with a cup of hot chai...

Chicken Sausage Pakodas
Serves 4


Ingredients:

10 chicken sausages, chopped
2 cups besan flour
2 chillies, chopped
1 large onion, sliced
1 tsp ginger paste
A pinch hing
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
6 curry leaves chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for deep frying

Method:

Combine all ingredients apart from the oil in a bowl and add little water till the batter comes together. Ensure that the batter is still very thick. 

Heat oil in a frying pan till hot. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the oil and fry on medium heat till golden brown. Drain onto kitchen towels. Serve warm with a cup of tea!

Notes:

Be careful about the salt added! Since sausages will already be salty, go a bit low to balance. 

Labels: , ,