Hot Chocolate

A little slide to explain what the month of Ramadan signifies to my readers. Alhamdulillah for this blessed month....

This Ramadan is really different for me... really different... in what sense, I would not like to comment, but life has changed, and has changed for good, Alhamdulillah... The main part is on my attitude, my thought process, my direction in life... There are times when we are so lost in the path of life that Allah decides to put in certain situations that will define what actually life is. Alhamdulillah, I find myself settling into my little zone and looking forward to some exciting times in life ahead, InShaAllah... first definitely would be on the blogging front... I guess I have on and off been a bit stressed about my non-stop blogging, which I have decided to take it up on a slow basis. I started blogging as a stress buster, but if it doesn't serve the purpose, then I guess it is better to take a break from blogging! Hehe... Apart from the current event running on the blog, I do not intend to take up any more event hosting at least for this year till I feel ready for it again. I am also looking at phasing out my participation in challenges so as to not burden myself. And of course, I am skittling through my whole list of drafts, determined to post only those which I feel are good enough to be posted, be it recipe wise or picture wise. If I am glad about the recipe but not the picture, then I would look at making it and clicking it again in a blog worthy way... I am hoping to keep myself aligned to my goals regarding the blog. And then slowly and steadily, everything else will fall in place, InShaAllah... :)

A start to the pre-dawn meal - which is called Suhoor - is always a cup of milk over tea or coffee. The time that we wake up is around 3:30 am, so drinking caffeine is not a really good option for that early a time. When I really don't want milk as it is, there goes in a couple of tablespoons of Horlicks... or it definitely has to be a cup of nice, simple hot chocolate, why not? :) Here is the way I make it...

Hot Chocolate
Serves 1


Ingredients:

1 cup milk
3 tbsp chocolate chips
1 tsp sugar

Method:

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook till the milk froths and the chocolate chips melts completely. Pour into a mug and pour back to ensure proper mixing.

Enjoy warm!

If you love chocolate in your hot drink, then you would definitely like the West African Hot Chocolate as well. Or do you fancy it with coffee? Then do try the Spiced Nutella Mocha or the simple Mocha!

Just a little disclaimer to my fellow bloggers... even though my posts would keep appearing on and off, I would not be able to blog hop as much as I would love to, thanks to the busy schedule that Ramadan entails. I definitely do appreciate your understanding in this regard and hope all of you would keep visiting irrespective of whether I am able to hop in or not... :)

Labels: , , ,