Nutella Oats

Ramadan has come and gone, so has Eid. Feeling a bit low now... Every year, these days come like a whiff of fresh air and disappears in no time. I was just reading on a slide, "Ramadan is like a rare flower that blossoms once in a year and just as you begin to smell its fragrance, it disappears for another year." Really so true... We had a good time during Eid, Alhamdulillah, by visiting relatives, going out on a long drive towards Al Ain, had a visit to a farm, and a great time plucking fresh dates and eating some right away. Most of the time, Eid is a family time, more about bonding and making up for lost times...

Not being in a mood to type out loads, but still wanting to do a post, today I have with me some Nutella oats that I had made for myself as a light dinner. Hardly anybody hates Nutella, I have a 50-50 relationship with it. Sometimes I love it, sometimes, I just don't want to have it. Normally, I make my oats this way, but this was just a little twist to our normal oats and I really loved it. The girls who gulped down in their mini cups also licked it away.

Nutella Oats
Serves 1 generously or 2 as a light snack




Ingredients:

1 cup water
A pinch of cardamom
3 tbsp oats
2 tbsp Nutella

Method:

Mix the water, cardamom and oats. Cook on low flame till the oats gets thick. Allow to cool slightly. Add in the Nutella and whisk vigorously till well mixed.

Pour into a bowl or a large mug and devour!

Notes:

The consistency is light. If you want it more thick like porridge, add more oats.

Linking this to Pari's Only Gluten Free event...




Labels: , , ,