Cardamom Milk

Can't wait to see... :)
Yay... finally I am travelling, Alhamdulillah!!! Those who follow my blog carefully would know how much I was missing the monsoons last year. Being working does not help either. We have fixed days of leave every year, which cannot be accumulated to the next year, which means that whether we wish to travel or not, we have to utilize it. The last time I traveled during the monsoons was in July 2010, which feels like a long long time back! Anyway, this time, I just have 18 days of leave, off which three days go here as I was unable to get my return tickets, thanks to the peak season close to the school reopening after summer vacation. I have to but say, that our sector is the most pricey of all during these peak seasons. I guess I don't comment much and just be quiet about it... rip off at its best, what else to say? So talking about it, I am excited, of course about seeing the rains, though the reviews back home were not really encouraging till last week. As of now, it's raining cats and dogs, literally flooding the roads and making it difficult to commute. That's just what I want, some lazy moments at home! Let's see how it goes... please wish me luck... :)

Talking about home, I have to talk about marriages. I am there only for 15 days, but I already have 4 marriages on schedule, which I am not planning to attend, except one which is in the family and the best opportunity to see all relatives at one shot! One drink that I love at marriages back home is the cardamom milk that they give to the family members visiting home on the marriage day - whether it's the groom's party coming to deck up the bride, or the bride's party who go to visit the groom's house and leave the bride there. This used to be served during those days when there were no fancy drinks available. I would make sure to have at least two servings, irrespective of whether I am thirsty or not. Nothing much of a recipe, just a watery sugared milk with the punch of cardamom, but each time, I have it, I feel I am back home on a holiday... hehe...

Cardamom Milk
Serves 2


Ingredients:

1 cup cold milk
1 cup cold water
A generous pinch of cardamom powder
2 tbsp sugar

Method:

Put all ingredients into a blender and blitz till the sugar is dissolved. Serve into glasses and enjoy!

**********

So... I will be off from tomorrow till almost the end of this month... but since I am not keen on keeping my blog or its readers hungry, I have already arranged a few scheduled posts, including a beautiful guest post for all of you to keep in touch! I may not blog hop at all, thanks to the lousy net connection back home, but I am hopeful that all of you will shower your love on this blog through your hits and comments, as usual.

Also, as I have been hinting several times on the blog before, my parents leave along with me from this country. Finally they go back home to settle. The last week has been mentally difficult for me, as I saw them clearing and packing their things to take back. It all seemed that everything came in too fast to be true. All I pray is that they have a good time, InShaAllah... a phase that we all go through at some stage or the other, it is just that Allah has blessed me to have them around for all these years... I have made it a point to jot down a few of my umma's recipes that she couldn't cook, InShaAllah, hope to try them one by one and place them on the blog for me as well all of you to refer.

Take care all of you... have a great time ahead for me and for you! :)

Labels: , , , ,