Cheesy Egg Croissants

These are the words that I hold very close to myself these days - the definition of true happiness, a feeling which arises when we realise that our life is not really meant to be the way we want it to be, but the way He wants it to be...


I first had these cheesy egg croissants at Dunkin Donuts here. It just goes so well with a cup of their coffee. After having it at the store, I really wanted to make it at home, just for the simple reason that it is so easy to make plus it hardly costs anything to make it at home. While I paid almost Dhs. 12/- for this sandwich, when I calculate what goes into it, I spent only one-third of that cost! Actually, it is always that way still thanks to our laziness, we love to pay the hefty amount to make us feel nice. :) If you crave for a decked up croissant, then just try this. I am sure you will definitely love it... :)

Cheesy Egg Croissants
Serves 2


Ingredients:

2 plain croissant, store bought
2 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp olive oil
2 slices cheddar cheese

Method:

Warm the croissants, cut through the center and set aside.

Heat oil in a frying pan. Break in the eggs, sprinkle salt and pepper and scramble the eggs till done.

Place one cheese slice on one croissant, put half the scrambled egg and close the croissant. Leave till the cheese melts in the heat of the egg.

Have it warm with a cup of hot coffee!!!

I had made a similar sandwich in bread before - do check out that the scrambled egg cheese sandwich...


Labels: , ,