Eggless Wholewheat Coffee Muffins

Since this blog is like my collection point of quotes and reads that attract my fancy, here is one that I would love to store to read for the days to come, InShaAllah... :)


Since there is a mention of coffee in the above little poem, what better recipe to share today! I would vouch for these muffins for breakfast. Seriously... Wanting to be free to rack my head as to what to make for breakfast, I baked these beauties at night, but then in the morning, they just tasted delish. I packed them for the kids, I bought some to the office and duly enjoyed them with a cup of warm milk. Definitely, I would bake these again and again when I crave for the coffee flavor in my muffins than in my mug... :) Just my type - eggless, whisk and mix types! As usual, this recipe was one of those Google searches that I mixed and matched while making.

Eggless Wholewheat Coffee Muffins
Makes 9


Ingredients:

1 cup wholewheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup warm milk
1 tbsp coffee powder
1/4 cup whisked yogurt
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Keep ready cupcake liners.

Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and in a bowl and set aside.

Dilute coffee into the warm milk. Allow to cool slightly. Add the yogurt, oil and sugar and whisk till smooth. Now slowly add the dry ingredients and mix well. Do not over-mix.

Pour into cupcake liners up to 3/4 full. Bake for 25 minutes or till skewer comes out clean. Cool on wire rack and serve with a cup of milk!!!

Labels: , ,