Es Alpukat ~ Coffee Avocado Milkshake

I guess I am blogging from home after ages! Today was supposed to be a working day after the long weekend, thanks to the Eid holidays. We had a good time with HD's relatives and friends at Khorfakkan beach on the first day of Eid. The weather was overcast with no sunshine whatsoever, though the clouds ensured it was humid enough. The kids and the men had a dip in the beach while the ladies enjoyed our banter. Since it was a tiring day, yesterday, we ensured we rested sufficiently and ate all the leftover in the fridge for lunch. We also started our packing, finally as we are supposed to be shifting by early next week. In the evening, we went around looking for furniture. As usual, HD and I wouldn't match on opinion anywhere. I get a feeling we would buy no furniture in the near future... hehe... But go to see, today I am having a terrible time. My whole body is aching like mad and I am just sitting stretched while the kids watch cartoon without disturbing me. It feels bad not to spend time with them when you are able to sit at home, even though it is due to ill health... hmm... tomorrow is back to routine for all of us, so I have to regain my energies.

Going off to today's recipe... I know the recipe has a cute name. It is an Indonesian cold drink, combining the flavors of coffee and avocado. The recipe instantly attracted me, as I love both these ingredients and was curious to know the flavors. I was not disappointed, absolutely loved it. Since I did not chill the drink sufficiently, the flavors were not very evident but when I had it at night once it was chilled for a couple of hours, it tasted even better. Would love to make this again and again when I am in a mood for something different, and yes, when I land up with decent avocados!

Es Alpukat ~ Coffee Avocado Milkshake
Serves 2
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

2 cups coffee, brewed and cooled completely (I made with 1 heaped tsp of Nescafe Gold)
1 medium avocado, flesh scooped out
1/2 cup condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla essence
Ice cubes to serve

Method:

Blend all the ingredients till done. Serve immediately with ice cubes!

I didn't give it with ice cubes because I have a home full of allergy people! Instead, I kept the coffee in the freezer for half an hour and used it while blitzing.

Labels: , , ,