Horlicks Brownies

Some beautiful words that I came across during my casual browsing, that I wanted to share with all of you... :)

We, unaccustomed to courage exiles from delight
live coiled in shells of lonelienss
unitl love leaves its high holy temple
and comes into our sightto liberate us into life.

Love arives and in its train comes ecstasies
old memories of pleasure, ancient histories of pain.
Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away the chain of fear from our souls.

We are weaned from our timidity
In the flush of love's light we dare be brave
And suddenly we see that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love which sets us free.

~ Touched by An Angel (Maya Angelou)

I guess I will attribute love to chocolate. Sheesh... never ever talks on chocolate will be enough... though I try myself to ween off it, the temptation just comes back to me in full force. So that's why I am sharing this awesome brownie with you... if there is somebody who really tempted me to try these brownies, then it's Sri through this awesome post of hers. Just looking and gawking at the pictures, I so wanted to bake it but conveniently forgot about it. On a fine morning, when we were invited for a barbecue party, umma was insisting that I bake a couple of cakes as a treat for our hosts. That is when this brownie suddenly appeared into my head. I quickly referred to the recipe and made it. The brownies were still unsettled when I clicked them and packed them to take along. But once these were opened to serve after dinner, they just vanished in a jiffy. These were that good, trust me, especially you are one among who love those goey, melt in the mouth kind of brownies...

Horlicks Brownies
Makes 16 squares
Recipe from here


Ingredients:

200 gm dark chocolate (I used 71%)
250 gm butter, softened and cubed
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
250 gm sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
25 gm cocoa powder
65 gm all purpose flour
4 heaped tbsp Horlicks malt powder
4 medium eggs

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour a brownie pan and set aside.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water till well melted and combined. Add the vanilla essence and set aside to cool.

Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl and add it to the chocolate mixture. Start whisking it to combine. Break in the eggs and mix well. The batter will be glossy.

Pour into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes till the top is crusty. Cool in the pan completely before cutting and enjoying!


Notes:

This brownie is extremely gooey! The pictures taken were after cooling for an hour and they were still wobbly. But I couldn't just resist cutting them! Believe me, once they cool, they harden and taste much better!

After reading my post, if you are wondering which one was the other cake, yes, that post is also coming up soon. Do stay tuned! :)

Labels: , , ,