Mango Cheesecake Shots

Before  I close on for a few days into our Eid celebrations, I thought of sharing this quick to make dessert. I am taking a lot of solace in the memories of the previous Eid-ul-Adha, where we had a lot of fun. My sister and me had applied our hands full of mehendi from my cousin's house. I put first so that mine would dry sufficiently enough to drive back home. We reached back home so late with the kids that we had a tough time waking up the next day morning! This time, I may just mess up my hands a bit and put some for the kids so that they feel the excitement. Last year, before Eid, I had shared the recipe for Ela Ada. I'm still thinking whether to make a small quantity for us and for some of our relatives who would join us. No plans as of now, let's see how it goes... Especially with the shifting looming, I have no mood whatsoever... hehe...

Mangoes are definitely going out. The prices are getting higher and the fruit is getting a bit tart than sweet. I guess I have mentioned it before, that in UAE, you get all fruits all around the year, from various parts of the world, except for the fact that the prices will vary drastically. The imported mangoes are just way too expensive, that you will see yourself treating one large mango like a piece of gold! Hehe... Let me share this super easy yet delectable dessert... a perfect light dessert after a plate full of biriyani!

Mango Cheesecake Shots
Serves 6


Ingredients:

6 digestive biscuits, powdered
50 gm butter, melted
200 ml whipping cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
300 ml Philadelphia cream cheese (I used light)
1 large mango, made into pulp (weighed approx 300 gm)

Method:

Mix the powdered biscuits and butter to make a crumbly texture. Equally divide into 6 small glasses. Press the base with a spoon to flatten. Set aside.

Whip the cream and icing sugar till stiff. Add in the cheese and whip till combined. Finally add the mango pulp and combine. Divide equally between the glasses. Chill for a couple of hours till set.

Dig in a spoon and enjoy! I topped them with a pecan each just for decoration sake! :)


Wishing all my readers TakabalAllah Minna Wa Minkum... may Allah accept all our good deeds and give us a blessed Eid and InShaAllah, much more better matters moving forward... :)

Labels: , ,