Avocado Sago Pudding

I just loved this so much that I had to share it... A question that many people ask to themselves and to others... Why do we pray? I never thought in this direction, but after reading this, I really feel that this is so true...


Coming to the recipe for today, this was made for one of my late-night madness. The kids were asleep and I just wanted to have something sweet (grrrr to my BST!!!). Searching the pantry in a literally empty kitchen, I found one ripe avocado staring at me, an open tin of condensed milk and hardly some sago pearls. I just went ahead mixing and matching and as soon as it was done, finished up half of it before retiring to bed with a happy heart and tummy. Hehe... This is such an easy dessert to be done, the only time taken is for the sago to get cooked, which luckily I felt it cooked faster than I was expecting it to... Given a chance,  I would definitely make this again for sure, that much delicious it was...

Avocado Sago Pudding
Serves 3


Ingredients:

1/3 cup sago/ tapioca pearls
1 medium avocado
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup milk
Pistachios for garnishing

Method:

Soak the sago in lot of water in a large pan for 15-20 minutes. Cook till it becomes transparent. This may take at least half an hour depending up on the sago. As soon as it becomes transparent, strain and run it under cold water to avoid it from sticking to each other. Set aside.

In a bowl, scoop out the pulp of avocado. Mash it well without any bites. Add the condensed milk and milk and mix well. Now add the sago seeds and mix finally. Allow to rest in the fridge for an hour. Sprinkle crushed pistachios on top and serve cold.

Yummm....


Labels: , ,