Eggless Chocolate Mousse

When I was cooking like mad and clicking, I was wondering why am I doing this. I have always been telling before that my list of drafts are just increasing so much that I am not able to control it. Though I always ensure that I finish my older stock first before moving in to the newer recipes, but still sometimes you can't stop yourself from bringing in a newer post in front. Now I realize how much my backlog is helping me. It has been almost a month since I have cooked anything serious. My kitchen is not yet ready and I don't see it being done at least for another two weeks. I have an induction now which I use for making my tea, coffee and instant stuff like making omelette or frying sausages, nothing more than that. I would love to venture into microwave cooking and now I am seriously thinking on that lines. Let me see till where I will go on with this. Till then, I will continue to be with all of you with my drafts. :)

I love mousse, though it is not something I have tried at home before. The thought of raw eggs puts me off, though whenever I see mousse served at a buffet, it becomes a part of my platter!!! This was just an attempt to make some mousse with custard and I was not disappointed. Though I wouldn't term it as "the mousse" - mousse in its original form is the best, of course! - I loved the texture and the feel and more than that, it's ability of keep my chocolate-loving devil at rest!!! Hehe... 

Eggless Chocolate Mousse
Serves 4



Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
2/3 cup dark chocolate
2 tsp custard powder
125 gm pack thick cream, chilled

Method:

Divide the milk in 3/4 cup and 1/2 cup into 2 different pans. Add sugar in the first and bring to heat till sugar dissolves. Add the chocolate and stir till melted.

In the other pan, add the custard and cook on low flame till thickened. Add this to the chocolate milk and whisk till combined. Allow to cool.

Beat the cold cream with the 1 tbsp sugar and add into the mixture. Stir till well combined. Pour into 4 ramekins and cover with cling film. Keep in the fridge to set for 2 hours.


Labels: , , ,