Honey Buttermilk Ice Cream

Something to share, that is plain and straightforward.... After going through a few events in life that would have literally torn me off but has kept me going in all way, I have seen His Qadr - Will - in everything that happens and love to believe in His Judgement... :) After all,

"Surely, Allah's love and mercy encompasses all things" - Surah Al A'raf:156


The weather may be getting cooler, but still that does not stop me or the kids from enjoying some ice cream on and off. They love it when I make at home, but of late, I have just put a stop to it as they are having continuous cough and I don't want to aggravate it by giving them cold stuff. I would love to call this "guilt free ice-cream". Just have a look at the ingredients, that is nothing much that would derail your diet plans. It does not have a rich taste, but I loved the hues of honey and the sourness of buttermilk - they blended well with each other in this easy ice-cream. Mind it, evaporated milk gives a nice texture to your ice cream, I have used them before in this coffee almond icecream before. This one also didn't disappoint me. Off to the way it was made...

Honey Buttermilk Ice-Cream
Serves 4
Recipe from Australian Women Weekly Icecream Favorites


Ingredients:

1 can (385 ml) evaporated milk
1 sachet (10 gm) gelatin
60 ml warm water
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 cup buttermilk

Method:

Melt the gelatin into the warm water. Keep stirring it till completely melted.

Heat the evaporated milk in a saucepan. As it starts to boil on the sides, switch off the flame. Add the gelatin water and the honey and whisk till well combined. Set aside to cool.

Beat the buttermilk in a bowl till frothy. Beat the evaporated milk till all fluffed up. Add the frothy buttermilk into the evaporated milk and beat till combined.

Pour into a two liter glass pan, cover with cling film. Keep in the freezer for 3 hours. Pull out, beat the ice-cream till well mixed and then freeze overnight to set.

Serve with a generous serving of fruits! I just served it with some pomegranate seeds!


Labels: , ,