Mint Lemonade

I am wondering why I am sharing this drink at a time when the climate is getting colder here. Despite being down with fever, cough and cold, the kids ensured to drag me out of the house during the weekend to get them sweaters for their school uniforms. Azza leaves home by 6:10 am and when I cannot take the breeze in the morning, I can't expect her to be doing that! Rasha keeps complaining that her classroom is too cold. Getting to the point, mornings are definitely getting cooler and it's becoming time to pull out the sweaters and the shawls, at least for the early mornings and late evenings. Most of the time, I just wish if somebody could make me a good hot cup of tea or coffee... Alas, I have to make one for myself, hopefully till the kids grow up big enough to make me one... I hope so... :)

But that doesn't mean that I don't crave for anything cold. In fact I never have my juices or smoothies chilled. It is always at room temperature. Since I have a sinus since small, I avoid my drinks cold. That doesn't mean my ice-creams are melted, I have them as is!!! ;) Hehe... I love the combination of lemon and mint, anytime... It is just so refreshing to have. Each time we order for juice, it is either this one or avocado, depending upon my mood. Whenever I have extra mint leaves and lemon juice lying, it just gets blitzed and gulped. As simple as that!

Mint Lemonade
Serves 2


Ingredients:

1/4 cup water
6 tbsp sugar
20-25 mint leaves, without stalks
6 small lemons
1 3/4 cup ice cold water

Method:

Put the 1/4 cup water and sugar in a small pan. Cook till the sugar melts and becomes syrupy. Set aside to cool.

Soak the lemons in hot water for 15 minutes. Rub the lemon against the table top. Cut and squeeze out the juice, without the seeds. By doing this process, you can get the maximum juice possible. I managed around 60 ml of lemon juice from 6 lemons.

Add the sugar syrup, lemon juice, mint leaves and cold water and blend till done. The mint leaves will leave specks. Serve immediately, garnished with mint leaves!

Labels: , ,