Moist Chocolate Muffins

A prayer I have everyday, in and out... I guess I don't elaborate myself over it... that much this prayer means for me... Alhamdulillah! :)


My chocolate love continues... just the other day, I was thinking to myself that I have not baked much of chocolate after this muffin, which was baked for breakfast almost a month ago. The problem with me these days is that though I love to bake, I try keeping away from eggs and butter, trying to make myself feel that I am cutting down on the calories and in fact, later craving for a rich and decadent feast altogether. That reminds me that I am getting so close to the BST's 500th post!!! Woah... I am grounded! Does it call for a celebration? My kitchen is in such a desperate stage that I don't think I may be able to make something special but my heart says I must celebrate this mad blogging journey of mine... Let's see what I am able to manage... :)

Till then, let us enjoy this healthy muffins which are perfect for some sweet dark coffee in the morning. I enjoyed them again for snack as well! Hehe... As usual, I used a mix of wholewheat and all-purpose flour and enjoyed the moisty density that the wholewheat gives!!! :)

Moist Chocolate Muffins
Makes 14
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

1 cup wholewheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used mini ones)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup low-fat milk

Method:

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line your muffin pan.

Whisk all the dry ingredients - flours to sugar - in a bowl, Whisk all the wet ingredients - egg to milk - in another bowl till well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk till the batter is done. The batter would be thick.

Spoon into each muffin liner till 3/4 is filled. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then cool on the rack completely.


Notes:

1. You can increase the sugar to 1 cup, as the sweetness was really mild.
2. You can sprinkle some choco-chips on top to make it more rich!
3. 1 baked 6 normal muffins and 5 large muffins from the above quantity.

Labels: , , ,