Watermelon Milkshake

I don't mind calling this blog of mine a collection of my thoughts and quotes I love along with my recipes... that's why I call them "sweet nothings...", though I would not like to call them "nothings", because most of the messages I like to stock and store have quite a bit in them peripheral as well as below what is peripheral... Today I am sharing a very lovely prayer from the Qur'an. Daily I am only becoming more and more in awe of how much a heart can be softenend and calmed by the effect of the verses of the Holy Book... truly Allah's Kalaam...


I have a watermelon crazy bunch at home. The kids and the adults alike can sit and finish a huge watermelon in one sitting, without even bothering to spit off the seeds! By the time poor me or umma would finish cutting and serving, there would not be even a single piece to enjoy. Most of the time, we have to hide some in the beginning so that we can get to eat them. At times, especially during Ramadan, I love to blitz them with some condensed milk. The idea was taken from the Nestle website but every after I started doing it, whenever I have some leftover condensed milk, I just blitz and drink it down. As I have mentioned so many times earlier, the kids don't prefer the juiced version so I get the whole share! Hehe...

Watermelon Milkshake
Serves 3-4


Ingredients:

2 heaped cups chopped watermelon
1/2 cup cold water
4 tbsp condensed milk (add more for sweetness!)

Method:

Blitz all the ingredients in a blender till smooth. Seive the mixture to get rid of the seeds and pulp. Serve immediately and enjoy!

Labels: , , ,