Bread Coconut Milk Pudding

Sometimes, when I browse through my fellow blogger's space, I feel that I have a lot to try. I feel I haven't made anything significant, despite having posted almost 450 recipes! I guess that's the feeling for every food blogger. Cooking and baking is like a vast ocean - you take a dip and there is no end to it! You keep trying and trying, sometimes the same recipe in different variances, sometimes different recipes, sometimes variations from various countries, so on and so forth. I guess I have to just keep my zest high and keep cooking and trying out new recipes. I am sincerely thankful to my sister, who is doing a good job sitting in Virginia and constantly posting her trials of various recipes and sharing me links, of which she has succeeded, with a comment: "I am giving you ideas for your blog!" Hehe... I love you, my dear sister! Umma was telling me that she is doing a good job in the kitchen by dishing out a lot of variety and also doing some "damage" by telling my parents that she has tried quite a bit from my blog. Hehe... Somehow this was my little space, not known to much but when D talked about it, I felt quite embarrassed in the beginning, but go to see, he did talk with a sense of pride so I guess I am doing it right... :)

Bread is something that is always in our pantry. I have already mentioned a few posts ago how the kids only want bread sandwich. It's a shame that I have never ever baked it at home. God, where do I go and hide?? Grr... it's one of the recipes that I have to try very soon, so that I make bread at home, rather than having to buy them... InShaAllah, very soon. Sometimes, I am left with slices that are going to go stale, especially when the kids have a long weekend. That time, I love to utilise them into desserts. You can check out the Eggless Caramel Bread Pudding (in fact, among the top 10 most viewed recipes on the blog!), Bread Butter Pudding and Bread Halwa just for a few ideas. This is another one that I tried from a cut-out of mine. What attracted me was - of course, no marks for guessing! - the coconut milk! Secondly, there is no sugar, instead we use honey. What more can you make this healthy? This was actually a recipe for a vegan bread pudding, but since I didn't have any agave nectar, I used honey and made it non-vegan. Highly recommended as a light warm dessert after dinner...

Bread Coconut Milk Pudding 
Serves 4


Ingredients:

8 slices bread, cubed
1 large apple
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
A dash of nutmeg powder
15 walnuts, crushed
400 ml can coconut milk
2 tbsp honey (as per sweetness)

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.

Peel and chop the apple into small pieces. Combine the bread, apple, powders and the walnuts in a baking bowl. Pour the coconut milk all over the mixture and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Pour the honey randomly over the bread mixture.

Bake for 20 minutes or till the top gets browned. Serve warm, with more honey if preferred!


Notes:

To make the dessert vegan, replace honey with agave nectar.

Labels: , , ,