Dark Chocolate Nuts Fudge ~ The BST's Post #500!!!

"Oh, what we could be if we stopped carrying the remains of who we were."
Tayler Knott Gregson

As I sit through a lot of mental calculations, I cannot believe that I am doing the 500th post for this blog baby of mine. Does not mean that I have written 500 recipes - there are some posts related to events and event round-ups, 40+ guest posts and some miscellaneous posts, which are just a little. But still - the number shows. 500 in less than two years...

Yes, I work... yes, I manage a home with two beautiful girls but then cooking is my passion and baking is my craze. Not that I am an awesome cook, there are much better cooks around me whom I admire to the core... maybe it is just that I am one amongst you who decided to document it in my own way and make it available on a public domain. I must say I took to blogging to relieve myself of a lot of things, and since cooking was a part of it, it came naturally that I have a recipe based blog. Not only is it my diary of recipes, but it is a diary of my life, my ups and downs, my lessons learned and treasured, my constant effort to improve myself as a person in all domains of life, my little junkbox! It is from the bottom of my heart that I thank all of you for being a part of this little journey of mine. Sometimes I do feel that I am losing my interest, but then somehow, I can't let it die because the blog has acted as my best buddy when I needed some motivation, so it is not right of me to leave it when I feel like. So till I have the zest and the energy, and above all the permission of the Almighty, InShaAllah, I will continue...


The last couple of months have been a maddening experience thanks to my house shifting. I seriously did not want to rely on my drafts to make this post and wanted to cook something special. Cook I did, click I did, but I was so disappointed with the pictures. Not that they were bad, but they were not good enough to be a part of this post. I have to slowly get adjusted to the different lighting in my new home I suppose, or it is that I am becoming so lousy in handling the camera! So much so, that I had cooked an awesome chicken roast that I so wanted to be a part of my drafts, but go to see, all the pictures were so blurred on the laptop screen, while it looked fine on the camera  screen. I don't know what I need to get checked, my camera or my eyes!

So today, after a lot of thought, I share this easy but delicious fudge as a part of this special post. I don't know how apt it is, but I know for sure that all recipes that I have posted here is special in its own way so let me keep this as special as well! At least I love the pictures, the light in it and yes, chocolate!!! A really quick to make fudge filled with the goodness of dark chocolate and crunchiness of loads of nuts in every single bite - I would just say that. My kids are really not fond of dark chocolate because of its bitterness, but the adults loved it to the core. We would sink our teeth into one piece, and maybe 2 after a heavy lunch or dinner and it was such an awesome dessert to be accompanied that way. I would surely love to try it in many varieties from now on... Off to the way I made it...

Dark Chocolate Nuts Fudge
Serves 4-6


Ingredients:

1 cup dark chocolate chunks (I used 71% cocoa)
1/3 cup condensed milk
1 tsp butter
1/2 cup packed mixed nuts, roughly chopped (almonds, cashews, pistachios, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecan)

Method:

Put the chocolate and the condensed milk in a saucepan. Cook on low flame, stirring constantly till the chocolate melts. Add the butter and stir till well mixed. Switch off the flame, add in the chopped nuts and stir vigorously till well combined.

Spread in a pan, lined with aluminium foil or cling film and smoothen the top. Allow to set in the fridge for around 2 hours.

Cut into squares and enjoy! Can be stored in the fridge for a week, if it lasts for that long!


Notes:

You may substitute the dark chocolate with milk chocolate for the sake of the kids!!! :)

Shall I say "thank you" once again? JazakAllah Khairan dear friends for being around and sticking around to my boring talks and types day in and day out... hope to keep the journey alive InShaAllah... and yes, the BST will celebrate its second birthday in a little over 5 weeks, so do stay tuned for the surprise to be revealed - hopefully very soon! :)

Just before I end, I am overwhelmed by two very lovely feed backs I received from my readers who tried the Thalassery Chicken Dum Biriyani and Easy Coconut Laddoo... I think I don't need to be saying that these are the kind of feedback (and even criticism) that makes us want to do better! Do keep it coming in... :)

Labels: , , , ,